Thursday, December 15, 2005

Why Do We Say This?

Today I overheard a funny statement, and realized we are probably all guilty of saying something similar at least once in our lifetimes. Here is how the conversation went:

blah-blah blah (the caller at the other end was telling this person a fact)...

"Really? I didn't realize that!"

blah-blah blah (the caller makes fun of him for not being aware of this fact)...

"Well...I guess I did know it...I just didn't realize I knew it..."

So, my question of the day is this, "how can one know something, yet not REALIZE they know it?"

With that one, I'll scratch my head for a while, in ponderment...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because it has been buried away in our memory bank and we didn't realize we knew that information until it was brought out by the other speaker. Maybe an interpretation of realize is: making real or meaningful to us?