Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Career Barbie?

As a child, I used to love playing with Barbie and imagining her in all sorts of careers. Even my paper dolls had different roles in life-not just mommy (although that is the best role in the world-think of the lives you impact!).

Now that I'm grown up, I've had a chance to experience "Career Barbie" in my own life. I have been blessed to experience so much in such a short period of time. Some of my occupations and serious hobbies have led me to wear the following hats:

-Christmas Tree Decorator (store had 20+ year-round)
-Furniture salesperson (and hoister-up 3 staircases!)
-Housecleaner
-Home consultant (organizer, cleaner, nanny, etc)
-Yearbook editor
-Domestics "associate" (guess which store?)
-Cosmetics and Skin-care Consultant
-Recruiter
-Inspirational/Motivational Speaker
-Singer
-Counselor
-Mentor
-Administrative Assistant
-Missionary Assistant
-Collection's "agent"
-Physicians Assistant
-Office Manager
-Caterer
-Party/Event/Wedding Planner
-Florist (silk and dried arrangements)
-Domestic Violence-staff (victim's advocate)
-Grant Writer
-Anger Management Group Facilitator
-Copy Editor and Reporter, Freelance Writer, Columnist

And more! I certainly have been blessed. Take a look around and see what sort of hats you have worn. You will be surprised!

No comments: