Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Another Gratitude List

GRATEFUL GRATITUDES

It is good for our hearts to be grateful. Keeps us humble and appreciative.

Here is my gratitude list for this week:

1. Getting to see several out-of-state friends this week. One couple from Ohio, Mark and Stephanie Stokes,drove down to attend our Christmas Cantata (Russ directed choir and drama and did the audio-visual extras, and I sang in the choir and a solo, and did drama makeup). We were able to eat out with them after the service, and enjoy a good time. Another family, Ian and Sara Dancer and children, drove up from North Carolina and we were able to eat breakfast with them and see how their 3 kids have grown. Also got to "show off" our "new" church to them.

2. The Christmas Cantata at church went well. Whew! Yeah! Now I finally feel like I can relax and ENJOY Christmas. I know-that is a sad commentary on the season-but that is how it goes when you are married to a music minister! :-)

3. I officially have ALL my Christmas shopping done! I got a LATE start on it this year, but it is DONE!--And more importantly--it is mailed in time for everyone to get it before Christmas!

4. I received a package from Japan yesterday-from my brother and family. I put the presents under the tree, but have already enjoyed watching the special compilation DVD he made of his family for us. Helps us feel a LITTLE like we are there visiting with them and seeing their special days and past-times. Also enjoyed looking at the photos they sent us. I miss them! Haven't seen my brother Wade, and my nephew Taishi in 16 months, and haven't seen my sister-in-love Kana in at least 6 or 7 years. Now you know why "a visit to Japan" is on my wish list of things to do before I die.

5. Our Christmas Letters went out to at least some of our worldwide friends (I still have another batch to do this week). Already, I've heard from a Annie Woolworth from Roswell, NM, and Greg & Megan James, from Columbus, OH. How fun to be back in touch with old friends! Almost rejuvenating, really!

BONUS: And I'm especially grateful to get to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, my Savior. I know my readers have all different faiths, or no religion at all, so I do not mean to offend. But for me, my peace of mind comes from my relationship with my Lord-no longer a baby-but a man who paid the price for my salvation. We are blessed! Let us celebrate!

No comments: