Friday, December 23, 2005

Letter to Santa at age 7

Mom sent me a .jpg of the actual note I wrote Santa when I was age 7. I thought it was precious and cute-and I didn't ask for much. But Russ found it to be hilarious. Here's why:

First thing on a list was a walking doll-that was the only believable thing on the note to him, because I still love dolls. Although, as maternal as I started out-we still don't have a family of our own! And I'm actually very content with just the two of us.

Then there was a purse-and I am not "into" purses like some of the women these days who simply MUST spend $400-$800 on a designer purse. I'm still carrying the purse my sister-in-law Kana gave me a few years ago, and I love it!

Next on the list was coloring books-I guess Russ "bought" that one too. But then I wished for a set of dishes. I still LIKE dishes, but he thinks I don't FILL the dishes often enough to suit him. I guess I need to cook more often! :-)

Finally on the list was a sewing machine. I haven't sewn a complete outfit since 1994, and have been "sewing-machine-free" since 2002! (And trust me-I didn't even go through withdrawal!)

I'm just not as domesticated as I started out at age 7. Oh well. Life gets in the way! haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were so lucky to live in a small town, where we could all get our Santa letters published in the Louisiana Press-Journal. I noticed on their Christmas edition on their website (www.louisianapressjournal.com) that they still print all the kids’ letters. It seems they stopped publishing the Clarksville, Eolia, etc. social reports some time ago, though. Too bad; we always got a kick out of seeing who had visited Uncle Lewis and Aunt Jean and who they had visited!