Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Broker/by John Grisham

One of my goals for the year is to read more-and to mix it up a bit. Today I completed "The Broker" by John Grisham. It was excellent! I felt like I had slipped away from Burlington, KY and was taken captive into a new set of surroundings with a new identification. It was if I became a shadow of the main character, Joel Backman, on every part of his journey, from: expensive unscrupulous attorney, to prison, to pardon, to Italy. Backman had to play grown-up hide-and-seek or risk life and limb. He outwitted his enemies by playing their game better than they played it. A similar t.v. show is Alias.

I'm also reading "Eats Shoots And Leaves," "The Bad Girls of the Bible," and "Captivating." I'll give brief book reviews of these as they are completed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How weird is this? I just posted a couple days ago on my blog about a book I'm reading, The Grapes of Wrath!!!

:)