Saturday, June 17, 2006

RECIPE: Noodle Kuchen

My Granny and Mom were both so good at cooking whatever they had available, rather than running to the store all the time. They taught me not to be afraid to experiment with food. Well, I tried something new, with leftovers, today.

I'd been reading about noodle pudding or noodle kuchen. But I didn't exactly have all the ingredients of any one recipe. So I made my own. I didn't really measure, since I was throwing it together, but these are approximate measurements. I encourage you to look in your refrigerator and pantry to see what you can whip up today.

Mix together:
1-2 cups leftover quality noodles (Amish style)
1/4-1/3 cup half-and-half
1/3-1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 oz. cream cheese
2 eggs
1/3 cup sugar

Top with:
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsps. butter
cinnamon

Bake for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Tastes good hot or cold. Similar to a baked custard or a rice pudding. Serves 4-6

No comments: