Monday, June 19, 2006

Kentucky Christian Writers Seminar

This Thursday through Saturday I'll be attending the Kentucky Christian Writers Seminar in Elizabethtown, KY. I was awarded a work scholarship to attend. In exchange for free tuition I will help with the bookstore and registration, or whatever else needs done.

I hope to make lots of contacts while there. I heard from a writer who attended last year that she has had 60 writing assignments from last year's seminar. I would LOVE to be able to report that next year! I made up business cards to distribute and also some booklets with editing tips. I'll sell the booklets and the "Groovy Chicks' Road Trip To Peace" book (it contains one of my articles) at my book table. I've purchased various candies and taffy to have at my table to lure the shoppers to come my way.

I'll be attending various seminar sessions with editors of various publications. I will be like a sponge, soaking up all the tips they teach. I have packed plenty of paper, folders with pockets, pens, and highlighters for the event.

My prayer is that God will open the doors He wants me to walk through with my writing and editing, and more importantly, if there is someone there He wants me to be a blessing to, that He will show me how to encourage them. Will you pray with me towards that end?

1 comment:

Diane Viere said...

How exciting! I can feel the enthusiasm as I read. Can't wait to hear all about it during next weeks blogging!

God Bless you!

Diane