Saturday, June 17, 2006

Burritos For Lunch

Okay, so maybe you can tell that I was dreading going to the grocery store on a Saturday, so I'm stretching our groceries a little further. For lunch today I wanted burritos, but I didn't have any cheese, so I decided to make a green chili burrito. It's so easy I hate to call it a recipe, but it is a new discovery for me.

I browned a pound of hamburger. I drained it well and rinsed out the skillet. I added the browned burger back to the pan and added a 7 oz can of Herdez brand Salsa Verde. The ingredients in the canned Verde include: Tomatillos, Onions, Serrano Peppers, Salt and Cilantro. The "heat" factor is almost to the hottest stage on their scale. I also added some dried onion and seasoned with Tony Chachere's. That's it! I heated up a burrito size flour tortilla in the microwave between two dinner plates. The best part of a good burrito is to roll it so both ends are sealed in and the meat doesn't fall out. Russ thinks this is magic because he can't figure out how to do it. It really isn't that hard, but it's nice to be appreciated!

We eat burritos filled with leftovers a lot. Or we put breakfast in a burrito for any meal of the day. Flour tortillas are a staple in our home!

No comments: