Thursday, July 27, 2006

Two Doors


It seems like whenever something big is about to happen in our lives, that something else pops up to frustrate us and hurt our already burdened hearts. So it is today. Tomorrow is my procedure so of course today several crazy things have happened. All I can know to tell myself is that these things do not take God by surprise and He can provide me with all the peace I need, He doesn't dole it out, or limit its supply to any one person.

I'm sure you can relate. Trials never come solo, they travel in packs. That's just the nature of the beast, it seems.

All I know to do is focus on the things God would have me to focus on and not fixate on the things that are unhealthy to rehash in my mind.

Trials never come without blessings, but I have to get my eyes OFF of the trials in order to see the blessings. I can always list so many neat things for which I'm thankful. Some of my big blessings are my Lord, my adoring and supportive husband, and the friends and family who show just how much they care. Some of the smaller blessings (but not any less amazing) are my pets, my daily opportunities to embrace life, and (this time of year) homegrown vegetables!

So--there are two doors. One leads to a fixation on the trials. The other leads to seeing the uplifting blessings all around me. Which door will I pick? It's a no-brainer!

1 comment:

molly said...

Hi Kathy, I happened on your site while I was looking for OR nurses. How fortuitous. I'm an operating room nurse, but I had the same procedure that you're having. It wasn't terrible. And I hardly ever set off security devices, even at airports, though I do carry my card with me at all times. Good luck to you.