Friday, July 28, 2006

Can't Sleep

I'm up because I can't sleep. Haven't slept yet since coming home from surgery. I'm just in too much pain and can't find a comfortable position. The best position is standing or walking, and even though I used to be a sleep walker, obviously there is no sleeping in the upright position. I can't grab any zzzs until I can lay in bed or on the couch. This is just surgical pain and should be much better by the end of tomorrow or Sunday. They didn't prescribe pain meds, just said to take what I had at home. But the strongest I have is Ultram-not all that strong for post surgery pain. Most of their back patients are on Oxycontin or Vicodin, but I don't have any of that. I took Tylenol PM to try to sleep tonight. So, hopefully next time you hear from me you will hear that I've had some rest!

No comments: