Thursday, January 12, 2006

Piles are Toppling Over

I'm a stacker. I make piles of "stuff" until I can sort through it. Russ does the same. We get too busy. Stuff accumulates. Now the piles are toppling over. Several piles on the coffee table have turned into one big mound of stuff. Same for our kitchen island, the dining room table, and the guest bed (not to mention my office). I want to return to the peacefulness of order and neatness rather than the chaos if clutter. What am I to do? I only have bits and pieces of time right now.

I think I will just extend my arm and sweep up all the stuff into laundry baskets and dump it all on the guest room to sort out. I will decide what to keep and what to throw away. Maybe I can whittle away at it, a little at a time.

I want to reclaim my great room, to make it GREAT again! :-)

1 comment:

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Sounds like you'd appreciate the Fly Lady. I don't follow her, but I know Heather Ivester does. Check out her site for several posts. The Fly Lady's whole focus is on using 5 minutes here and there to get organized. Hmmm, maybe I'll go read about her, too. Heather can be found at .http://www.mom2momconnection.com/