Sunday, January 01, 2006

2005 Was Great Too!

I would be negligent if I did not praise God for some of the bigger blessings of 2005. We have learned over the years it would be easy to think a year was all bad if we just focused on the negative, but when we turn our eyes to what has been wonderful, our life-outlook is much more balanced (not to mention more pleasant for others to be around us!-haha!).

Here are some of the great things that happened in 2005 for me:
-The book, "Groovy Chick's Road Trip To Peace" came out in 2005, with one of my articles included
-I was hired to be the executive director of a crisis pregnancy center-even though I didn't get to fulfill it due to relocating out of the area-it was nice to be hired and trained!
-I was able to faciliate several Bible Studies and topical studies for various groups
-I was part of the leadership team several critique groups that were launched by the Fellowship of Christian Writers
-An opportunity to write CD reviews for GrassrootsMusic.com and TruTunes.com
-We found an awesome ministry opportunity as well as fellowship opportunity, in our move to Florence Baptist Temple, Burlington, KY
-We purchased a neat almost-new home to call our own
-Made many new friends, and renewed friendships with the Mills and James families
-Opportunity to work for The Sunday Challenger as copy editor-and still get to do freelance writing for their Faith and Values page

Grateful for 2005-we are blessed indeed!

No comments: