Monday, November 08, 2010

Worry and Prayer



I love what The Message says about worry and prayer. Check it out:


Philippians 4:6
Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.


James 1:5

If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.

1 comment:

Kathy Carlton Willis said...

I love how James 1:5 talks about those who "worry their prayers." What a great word picture that captures the essence of many prayers. I know lots of people who SAY they are praying. They are really just fretting because there's an absence of trust. That's human nature. But my goal is to have more of a godly nature! I'm not much of a worrier (I tend to think all things will come to a good ending. I know the middle might get a little messy!). But I still need the reminder from time to time.