Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Life Interrupted


Last night I attended the first session for a Bible Study entitled Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted by Priscilla Shirer. I have to admit I would never think a study of Jonah would be something I could relate to. I obey God. I've made some extreme directional changes in my life because He said so. But over the past month two or three people said that my crazy 2010 life sounds like what Priscilla writes in this book. It's all about seeing the interruptions in life NOT as inconveniences to our agendas, but as divine appointments. God is getting ready to do something and we need to pay attention to see what it is.

The description of this study says:
What do we do when God interrupts our lives? Many times, like Jonah, we run! In this 7-session Bible study, Priscilla redefines interruption and shows that interruption is actually God's invitation to do something beyond our wildest dreams. When Jonah was willing to allow God to interrupt his life, the result was revival in an entire city.
I'll fill you in on what I discover during this journey!

No comments: