“When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” Anthony Robbins
For several years, I've participated in a weekly gratitude sharing exercise on an e-mail loop for those with Sjogren's Syndrome. We've found that an attitude of gratitude really helps put life in better perspective. Every Monday I try to collect a list of small and large blessings for which to express thankfulness, and it's been a wonderful practice to develop. Here's my list for this week:
- The praise team led my current favorite song during worship yesterday. "Beautiful Things." My how that song (lyrics and music together) lifts me to a higher plane.
- We were able to pay first-of-the-month bills even though we had some financial reversals this past month. Can't explain it except that God provided for our needs.
- New recipes helped us save money, but gave us fresh new flavors for our taste buds. Double good!
- We are seeing some improvement with my physical therapy. Two of the six motions for range of motion are getting better. I'll take what I can get, knowing the rest will respond over time.
- I'm blessed to get to encourage some really special writers and speakers. Many are just at the beginning stages of setting this up as a business/ministry rather than a hobby, and it's so fun to see them blossom. Talk about getting me jazzed!