Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Home

RE: My spinal cord stimulator surgery

Just a quick note to let you know I'm home. I had a rough night-slept for about 20 minute intervals in the hospital. The hospital staff was awesome,though. I had to deal with nausea this morning after breakfast, so took a couple of phenergans so that I wouldn't get sick on the way home (about a 35 minute drive).

I am in a great deal of pain. Especially when I have to change positions. I'm using all of my positioning techniques (legs not back, log rolls,etc.) I have bruising around the two incisions (each incision is about 5 inches). But I have a LOT of bruising connecting the two incisions (where the tubing is the "conduit" for the wires connecting the pacemaker type device to the electrodes in my back). That bruise is probably 3" by 5"at its biggest. They said the bruising will increase over the next couple of days. I'm pretty swollen too.

The device is working so/so. The guy who programmed it for my surgery was different than the nurse who programmed it for the trial, and so it is set up different than with what we are familiar. So, we will experiment with the settings, and then will also get it tweaked when I go back for my post-op in 2 weeks.

I've been sleeping a lot since I got home, but that's not a bad thing.

Thanks for praying!

1 comment:

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

So glad to hear you're through this thing. I sure hope it helps in the long run! Sleep sister, rest and recover.

I pray for you regularly. I'm hoping God is wrapping his loving arms around you to comfort and heal you!