Saturday, January 02, 2010

RECIPE: Brigadeiro


Back in 2002 I hosted a retreat in my home, and a guest from Brazil taught me how to make Brigadeiro. Her version used the microwave, but I can't find that recipe. Remembering the ingredients, I went to allrecipes.com and found this version, with my notes added. It works great!

So, yesterday, to ring in the New Year, I made these little chocolate truffles to take to a party. The photo above is a photo of my little creations. FUN!

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon butter
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk

Directions:
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all 3 ingredients. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until thickened, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle. Form into small balls (I do this by using a miniature scoop and plopping a scoop of the chocolate mixture into my Pam-sprayed hand to shape). Roll into topping of choice (I used candy and chocolate sprinkles). Chill until serving.

Makes about 20 little balls. I like putting them inside little fluted paper liners.

Enjoy!

No comments: