Wednesday, December 05, 2007

What to Write When...

What do you write when you know you need to update your blog, but your supply of words for the day are already spent elsewhere? That's what it's been feeling like lately for me. So, I apologize for the delay in getting an update loaded to the site.

So many good things are happening in our new world. We love the ministry God has called us to, and we are grateful to be here. Already God has given us a sense of purpose and a sense of direction for how He wants us to be His hands and feet and voice.

A funny thing did happen the other day. I spoke to someone who lived elsewhere, and told her I froze the other day in the doctor's office. She didn't realize where I live now, and she asked how much snow we had. She had over 5 inches of snow on the ground, and she WAS freezing. Me? It was 82 degrees outside and the AIR CONDITIONING is what froze me out! I guess I don't have too much room for complaining this time of year, do I?

I've been busy collaborating on writing 2 books and 2 journals. I love it, but it does take a great deal of my creative juices. And I have several PR clients as well. And then there is also the creativity I pour into the ministry. Sometimes I have to make sure I find ways to get refills of creativity so that I don't run dry!

We are preparing for a big Open House this Sunday in our home. We will be delivering invitations to our neighbors in the next couple of days and of course we are spiffing up the house (it has undergone a huge makeover). And I've been pouring over cookbooks to decide what I want to prepare for our fingerfood table (appetizers, sweets, etc.). Many church members are helping out so that it's not all on me, and I appreciate that so much! They are excited because this is the first parsonage open house they can recall. It's our way to give back to the church and show our love to them. Later in the month I'm hosting a Christmas party for the ladies, and that will also be a lot of fun.

I'll try to write more in the days ahead. But for now-just know that I'm still alive and kicking (sometimes LITERALLY kicking!). One thing I need help with is coming up with ways to feel like I'm in the Christmas Season. I need more Christmas Spirit. I've gotten so caught up in my own life that I've let 2 months pass and it's just unreal to me that we are in December. Do you have any tips to help me? I know to take time to think of what Jesus birth' meant to us all. And to enjoy the Christmas lights and music. Also to reminisce about memories of Christmas-past. It's just hard to feel like Christmas when the weather is in the mid-80s and you are surrounded by a tropical paradise. Not that I'm complaining, mind you! In fact, some of you might wish to come for a visit when you are enduring yet another freezing forcast. We have the guest rooms ready!

No comments: