Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Found It!

You might ask, "What is 'IT'?"

Well...since moving to Raymondville, I've had a difficult time purchasing meat. The meat departments at our HEB Grocery Store and our Wal-Mart leaves a lot to be desired. My favorite cuts of meat are AWOL-absent without laughing. At least, I'm not laughing. Read the labels and you'll see why. Tripe (beef stomach and intestines), beef tongue, beef and pork feet, ox tails, milanesa (thin cut of cheap steak), fajita meat, skirt steak, short ribs, etc.

Today I found a meat market. They actually have large hunks of meat, and they will cut off whatever cut of meat you want. For me...today I asked for a beef roast and 1-inch thick New York Strip Steaks. I will go back for more. They grind their hamburger fresh daily, and will grind chuck or sirloin on the spot if you request it. AND they are reasonable for the quality of meat you get.

They also have special package deals. I might order the Family Pack next time: chuck roast, steak, pork steak, hamburger, and more.

If this is as good as I think it is, I feel like I've uncovered a gold mine!

Yippee!!!

No comments: