Thursday, January 18, 2007

God Can Do It!


GOD CAN DO IT!

I was reminded this week just how big our God is. I knew, I just KNEW that God had something around the corner for us. I had guesses as to how He might take care of us and show us a glimpse of His love. But I didn't REALLY know. In fact, I had no clue just how powerful God is to change our outcome.

I think what I've experienced can be called "mustard seed faith." I had a little bit of faith. I had faith enough to think mustard seed sized things might happen. But God took my little bit of faith and honored it by showing me just how BIG He is. WOW!

When I get these God-sightings all I can say is, "God, You are amazing. You take our needs and surprise us with Your solutions. Your ways are above my ways. Your ways are higher than my ways. Let me never forget Your goodness and Your power."

Twila Paris sings a song called "God is In Control." The last verse says,

"He has never let you down
Why start to worry now?
Why start to worry now?
He is still the Lord of all we see
And He is still the loving Father
Watching over you and me."

If you are going through a human-sized problem just surrender it to God and wait for His God-sized solution. He has ways to make things "all better" just like my Mom fixed my child-sized problems. She used to kiss my boo boos and make the pain go away. God kisses away my problems and makes His grace come to stay.

I've learned not to limit God or put Him in a box. Just when I think I have it figured out how He might take care of my burdens, He surprises me with a different solution. This is one more time He has saved the day that I can write in my memory book. On those days when I need a reminder of His goodness, I can pull out this memory as a testimony of His ability to take care of me. I'll sing with Twila Paris the chorus of the song,

"God is in control
We believe that His children will not be forsaken
God is in control
We will choose to remember and never be shaken
There is no power above or beside Him
We know O God is in control
O God is in control."

No comments: