Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lessons Learned from Jazzy



[photo NOT of Jazzy, but close!]

Not thinking, this morning I smeared two nutri-grain reduced fat toaster waffles with Simply Jif peanut butter (diabetic friendly). I only can eat one-not sure why I made two. So, I let the extra one sit on the dining room table, and figured I would cut it up for Jazzy to eat later.

When I went to take my shower, Jazzy helped herself to the waffle. I walked back in the room, and could smell the scent of peanut butter, but the evidence was missing. Jazzy looked guilty, and then I put two-and-two together. I wasn't really upset-it was my fault to leave the waffle there, I was going to give it to her anyway, and she somehow did not make a mess, even though the waffle was still whole.

Later, I heard her rustling some papers around. I went to check on her, and she had discovered a pack of gum sitting on an end table. I found gummy bits of green and waxy scraps of paper scattered on the rug, and Jazzy with a guilty look on her face. I guess I learned a couple of things.

1. Even dogs don't want to have peanut butter breath-Jazzy helped herself to minty fresh breath.
2. Dogs, left to themselves, will find a way to add more chaos to an already chaotic day, while still making you smile.

No comments: