Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Year Goals for 2009




I'm still working on my goals--it's a work in progress! I'm patterning my goals this year on the desire for GROWTH, following Jesus example as documented in Luke 2:52, which says in the NIV, "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." So, I have 4 categories this year for my goals:

DISCERNMENT GOALS
PHYSICAL GOALS
SPIRITUAL GOALS
SOCIAL GOALS

Today I will focus on the obvious one, PHYSICAL. I need to figure out a way to be disciplined in this so that it doesn't become just a well-intentioned yet unachieved goal year after year. My "want-to" is in place. I know this has to become LIFESTYLE changes that stick rather than a diet and exercise band-aid that ends up coming off.

So, to put these desires into measurable goals, here goes:

1. I will lose an average of 6-8 pounds a month by incorporating healthier eating and exercise choices, using the Guided By Him program.
2. I will journal my food intake and stay accountable to two other buddies.
3. I will find out what sort of exercise I'm capable of doing from my physical therapist, and grow this program throughout the year, as I become more mobile. I will do some sort of exercise program, ramping up the time and intensity, until I'm exercising at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.

If I do all of this, the benefits will be: better health, more energy, smaller clothing sizes, weigh about 70 pounds less by the end of the year (my goal).

Stay tuned for more goals!

1 comment:

Aileen Mitchell Lawrimore said...

Kathy,
I enjoyed reading your post. It's similar to what I posted today on my blog about setting New Year's Resolutions. I do it every year--with varying levels of success.
I always enjoy reading your writing. You are so gifted.
Happy New Year,
Aileen
www.aileenonline.com/b2/